Why Penn State
We know there’s a lot to consider when deciding to earn your Master of Professional Accounting. Why should you choose Penn State Great Valley?
- Pursue your degree at your own pace, completing in as little as two years if attending part-time.
- Complete on a full-time basis within 12-18 months.
- Engage in courses taught by world-class faculty and industry experts.
- Experience a collaborative and innovative experience rooted in practice—providing you with the skills, experience, and perspective to become a leader in the accounting field.
- Become a part of the more than 750,000 Penn State alumni across the world.
- No GMAT or GRE scores required for admission.
request information schedule a consultation
- Designed to satisfy the additional credit hours and coursework necessary for CPA licensure.
- Complimentary access to Becker CPA Exam Review materials for five months.
- Wide array of electives, including data analytics in the accounting profession, forensic accounting, data visualization, multinational managerial finance, and strategic leadership, among others.
- Ideal for students with an accounting background as well as for newcomers to the field.
- Prospective career changers can begin with the Financial Accounting and Management Accounting graduate certificate and transfer coursework into the degree program. After completing all courses with a B or better, you can apply to the Master of Professional Accounting program. Upon acceptance, certificate coursework will transfer. Please apply prior to completion of the second certificate.
- Immerse yourself in small classes and develop meaningful relationships with faculty and classmates who are business professionals and managers in the private and public sectors.
- Partner with leading employers and alumni to foster industry connections, networking, and job opportunities.
- Take advantage of Career Management Services, which offers a variety of programs, resources, and networking opportunities for students and graduates.
- Seven-week courses are offered either in-person or in an in-person/online hybrid format.
- Classes suit your busy lifestyle, while benefiting from a collaborative and engaging face-to-face experience.
- Participate in online course activities throughout the week, including discussion forums, teamwork, and more.
- Ability to simultaneously pursue another degree as part of the concurrent degree program.
- 30 credits (21 core credits, 6 elective credits, 3 capstone credits).
- Fulfills remaining credits and coursework required for CPA exam.
- Customizable programing – possibility to have introductory courses waived and choose from a wide variety of electives.
- Coursework examines regulation, financial accounting and reporting, audition and attestation, data analytics, business environment and concepts, and more.
- Immersive capstone course uses current case studies to delve into investigative, consulting, and forensic accounting.
- Coursework from Financial Accounting and Management Accounting graduate certificates easily transfers to degree program.