Applications are only considered for the fall and spring semesters.
To be considered for admission, you’ll need the following:
- A copy of your official transcript from all institutions attended. Penn State alumni do not need to provide transcripts. Applicants should hold either a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or a tertiary (post-secondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. This degree must be from an officially recognized degree-granting institution in the country in which it operates.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) is recommended.
- A copy of your résumé.
- A one-page written statement of intent to highlight your academic background, work experience, skills, strengths, academic interests, and professional goals.
- Contact information for one reference.
- Applicants who successfully complete the Financial Accounting Graduate Certificate or Management Accounting Graduate Certificate with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher may request a GMAT waiver.
- A $65 application fee. A fee waiver may be considered if the applicant attends an in-person admission event or a personal appointment with a program representative.
- You must have completed (with a grade of B or better) or be enrolled in the following coursework:
- Financial accounting
- Managerial accounting
- Intermediate accounting I and II
- U.S. federal taxation
GMAT or GRE results are not required for admission.
Prospective students are encouraged to schedule virtual or in-person meeting with an academic program representative to discuss their career goals and fit for the program.