Penn State Great Valley offers several STEM designated master's degrees. Classified by the Department of Homeland Security, these degrees allow international students to qualify for a 24-month Optional Practical Training (OPT) work permit extension in addition to the 12-month post-completion work permit. A STEM designated degree from Penn State Great Valley allows 36 months total of OPT compared to 12 months for non-STEM degrees.
The following Penn State Great Valley master's degrees are STEM designated programs:
- Master of Engineering Management (CIP code 52.1399)
- Master of Professional Studies in Data Analytics (CIP code 30.3001)
- Master of Science in Data Analytics (CIP code 30.3001)
- Master of Science in Information Science (CIP code 11.0401)
- Master of Software Engineering (CIP code 14.0901)
- Master of Finance (CIP code 27.0305)