Why Penn State
We know there’s a lot to consider when getting a graduate degree. That’s why we recently redesigned our Master of Finance degree to combine the best of in-person and online education. Flexible, seven-week courses let you balance your busy schedule while still reaping the benefits of once-per-week face-to-face classes, like networking, developing interpersonal skills, and participating in an immersive capstone experience.
Our program is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, a standing earned by less than five percent of the world’s business programs. The Master of Finance program helps prepare you for various professional certifications, such as the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) certification.
This program is STEM designated, allowing 36 months total of Optional Practical Training (OPT) compared to 12 months for non-STEM degrees.
The program covers a variety of topics, ranging from practical business applications used to manage current financial challenges to advanced financial theories that can address future trends. You'll focus on:
- Financial modeling, including capital budgeting, basic statistics, and forecasting
- Financial accounting and its principles, and use of accounting information for decision making
- Advanced topics involving strategic financial decisions, including capital structure and cost of capital, valuation, and corporate control
- Multinational financial management for companies subject to foreign exchange risk exposure and different tax regulations in foreign countries
- Financial derivative securities covering options, forwards, futures, and OTC derivatives