New international students are admitted once a year in the fall semester. Degree application is required, and international students follow the same application procedures as other Penn State Great Valley applicants. Non-degree enrollment is not permitted.
The recommended application deadline for fall is April 30th.
To be considered for admission, applicants for Penn State Great Valley will need the following:
- A completed online application.
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate coursework completed at an accredited institution, with a certified literal English translation. International credentials should include degree certificates or diplomas in native language with attested English translation.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) is recommended.
- A copy of a current resume.
- Contact information for one or two professional or academic references depending on the program of interest.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS reports. More information on the English language proficiency requirement can be found on the Graduate School's website.
- A $65 application fee.
The following items may be required for admission. Check specific program requirements for details.
- Official GMAT or GRE results.
- A one-page written statement of intent to highlight one’s academic background, work experience, skills, strengths, academic interests, and professional goals.
- Answers to essay questions outlined in the online application.
Acceptable Test Scores
The language of instruction at Penn State is English. All international applicants must take and submit scores for the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System), with the exceptions noted below.
- TOEFL – A total score of 80 with at least a 19 on the speaking section for the Internet-based test (iBT) is required.
- IELTS – The minimum acceptable composite score for the IELTS Academic is 6.5.
- International applicants are exempt from the TOEFL/IELTS requirement who have received a baccalaureate or a master's degree from a college/university/institution in any of the following: Australia, Belize, British Caribbean and British West Indies, Canada (except Quebec), England, Guyana, Republic of Ireland, Liberia, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Scotland, the United States, and Wales.