Today's business leaders need a strong command of financial principles and intuitive insight to lead organizations and drive financial decision-making. Penn State Great Valley's STEM-designated and Master of Finance with the Financial Data Analytics option will provide you with a strong grasp of financial principles and prepare you to analyze data, implement change, and impact the long-term sustainability of businesses around the world.
With the AACSB-accredited Master of Finance with the Financial Data Analytics option, you can:
- Pursue your degree at your own pace, completing within two and a half years if attending part-time.
- Complete on a full-time basis within 15-18 months.
- Engage in courses taught by world-class faculty and industry experts, learning key skills immediately applicable to the workplace.
- Experience a collaborative and innovative experience rooted in practice—providing you with the skills, experience, and perspective to become a leader.
- Become a part of the more than 750,000 Penn State alumni across the world.
- Specialize your studies on big data and analytical problems in finance.
- Learn to maximize global diversification of financial portfolios, shareholder value, and return on financial assets while managing the risk exposure to interest rate, exchange rate, and commodity fluctuation.
- Partner with leading employers and alumni to foster industry connections, networking, and job opportunities.
- Immerse yourself in small classes and develop meaningful relationships with faculty and classmates who are business professionals and managers in the private and public sectors.
- Take advantage of Career Management Services, which offers a variety of programs, resources, and networking opportunities for students and graduates.
- Benefit from a STEM designated program, allowing 36 months total of Optional Practical Training (OPT).
Courses are delivered in an in-person/online hybrid format. Some courses may be delivered fully online.
- Classes suit your busy lifestyle, while benefiting from a collaborative and engaging face-to-face experience.
- Participate in online course activities throughout the week, including discussion forums, teamwork, and more.
- Ability to simultaneously pursue another degree as part of the concurrent degree program.
The 33-credit program spans topics ranging from practical business applications used to manage current financial challenges to advanced financial theories that can address future trends. You'll focus on:
- Machine learning and data mining tools used in the financial industry
- Advanced financial data visualization techniques
- Real-world applications and projects related to financial data analytics, such as:
- Fraud detection in credit card companies
- Real-time credit evaluation
- Insurance companies’ pricing decisions for customers’ changing financial situations
- Market sentiment analysis to help make investment decisions
Students in the FDA option can start in the fall semester only.