The Master of Engineering Management degree requires 33 credits:
- Six core courses focus on engineering management science, engineering economics, problem solving, decision science, and project management. (18 credits)
- Four electives from a prescribed list. (12 credits)
- A Capstone Course drawing on all previous work. (3 credits)
Core courses are offered at least once a year during fall and spring semesters. Electives are offered at least two times every three years. The capstone course integrates knowledge gained from previous courses, drawing on their concepts, theories, and techniques to examine case studies in engineering management. This course is offered once each year during the spring semester. Students must complete twenty-four credits before registering for the capstone course.
After admission to the program, students have eight years to complete the course work with a grade point average of 3.0 (B) or higher. Note that Great Valley's electives may change over time as new courses are developed. If you have questions or requests for course substitutions and approvals, e-mail [email protected].
Students admitted fall 2009 or after must successfully complete the SARI (Scholarship and Research Integrity) requirement of the Penn State degree in order to graduate.
Penn State's schedule of courses lists course availability. Although the course numbers, times, and availability on the University registrar's schedule of courses are correct, their prerequisites differ. Access our course description page to learn about Penn State Great Valley course offerings and prerequisites.
Summer 2021 Course Offerings
Continuing students interested in enrolling in summer courses should discuss online course availability with their advisers.
Fall 2021 Course Offerings
Fall I Term
- ENGMT 510 - Economics and Financial Studies for Engineers
- STS 589 - Ethics and Values in Science and Tech
- SWENG 545 - Data Mining
Fall II Term
- DAAN 871 - Data Visualization
- ENGMT 501 - Engineering Management Science
- STAT 500 - Applied Statistics
- SYSEN 505 - Technical Project Management