The software engineering program prepares students to achieve technical proficiency needed for professional practice and to assume leadership roles in organizations responsible for the development of software systems and products while maintaining high professional standards. Upon completion of the program, our graduates will:
- Have the ability to effectively document and communicate their ideas when working with stakeholders of a system.
- Be prepared to lead the modeling, design, and development of complex software-intensive systems.
- Be proficient in applying a broad range of problem-solving concepts, techniques, and methods to frame solutions to software-intensive systems.
- Know how to plan and manage software projects.
- Be able to work with and manage technical teams that may be geographically distributed.