The Master of Science in Information Science degree requires 33 credits—18 core credits, 12 elective credits, and 3 capstone credits.
- IST 140 may be required if you don’t have a background in programming
- Mix of technology and management skillsets
- Courses are offered either in an in-person/online hybrid format or fully online.
- Fully in-person courses are available each semester to comply with visa requirements.
- Research experience at the end of the program brings together theoretical and practical experience.
Penn State’s Schedule of Courses lists course availability. Although the course numbers, times, and availability on the University registrar’s schedule of courses are correct, your educational record may require the listed prerequisites (or not).
If you have issues viewing any of these documents or have any questions, please contact the division at [email protected].
Students must successfully complete the SARI (Scholarship and Research Integrity) requirement of the Penn State degree in order to graduate.