To be considered for admission, applicants for Penn State Great Valley’s Master of Science in Information Science program will need the following:
- A copy of your official transcript from all institutions attended. Penn State alumni do not need to provide transcripts. Applicants should hold either a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or a tertiary (post-secondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. This degree must be from an officially recognized degree-granting institution in the country in which it operates.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) is recommended.
- A copy of the applicant's current resume.
- A one-page written statement of intent to highlight one’s academic background, work experience, skills, strengths, academic interests, and professional goals.
- Contact information for one reference.
- A $65 application fee. A fee waiver may be considered if the applicant attends an in-person admission event or a personal appointment with an Academic Program Manager.
The GMAT/GRE is not required for admission, but scores will be considered if submitted.
For international student application requirements, please review the Penn State Great Valley International Applicant Guidelines. Those who have completed an application for full-time study will be notified of their admission decision and scholarship award during the following periods:
- 3rd week in January
- 1st week in March
- 3rd week in April