To be considered for admission, applicants for Penn State Great Valley’s Master of Science in Information Science program will need the following:
- A copy of your official transcript from all institutions attended. Penn State alumni do not need to provide transcripts. Applicants should hold either a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or a tertiary (post-secondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. This degree must be from an officially recognized degree-granting institution in the country in which it operates.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) is recommended.
- A copy of the applicant's current resume.
- A one-page written statement of intent to highlight one’s academic background, work experience, skills, strengths, academic interests, and professional goals.
- Contact information for one reference.
- A $65 application fee.
The GRE is not required for admission, but scores will be considered if submitted.
Those who have completed an application for full-time study will be notified of their admission decision and scholarship award during the following periods:
- 3rd week in January
- 1st week in March
- 3rd week in April