To be considered for admission, applicants for the Master of Professional Studies in Data Analytics (MPS-DAAN) or the Master of Science in Data Analytics (MS-DAAN) will need the following:
- A copy of your official transcript from all institutions attended. Penn State alumni do not need to provide transcripts. Applicants should hold either a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or a tertiary (post-secondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. This degree must be from an officially recognized degree-granting institution in the country in which it operates.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) is recommended.
- A copy of the applicant's current resume.
- A one-page written statement of intent to highlight one’s academic background, work experience, skills, strengths, academic interests, and professional goals.
- Contact information for two references.
- Official GMAT or GRE results. Please note: the GRE/GMAT requirement will be waived for those submitting an application to start in the spring and summer 2021 semesters. For students beginning after summer 2021, official GMAT or GRE test scores are generally required.
- MPS-DAAN applicants may request a GMAT/GRE waiver if they meet specific criteria, and must indicate the basis for their waiver request on the online application. We also offer a GMAT Preparation Course.
- A $65 application fee. The fee will be waived if the applicant attended an in-person admission event or a personal appointment with an Academic Program Manager.
For international student application requirements, please review the Penn State Great Valley International Applicant Guidelines.