To be considered for admission, applicants for the Master of Professional Studies in Data Analytics (MPS-DAAN) or the Master of Science in Data Analytics (MS-DAAN) will need the following:
- A copy of your official transcript from all institutions attended. Penn State alumni do not need to provide transcripts. Applicants should hold either a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or a tertiary (post-secondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. This degree must be from an officially recognized degree-granting institution in the country in which it operates.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) is recommended.
- A copy of the applicant's current resume.
- A one-page written statement of intent to highlight one’s academic background, work experience, skills, strengths, academic interests, and professional goals.
- Contact information for two references.
- Official GMAT or GRE results. Please note: the GRE/GMAT requirement will be waived for those submitting an application for spring 2022. For students beginning after spring 2022, official GMAT or GRE test scores are generally required.
- MPS-DAAN applicants may request a GMAT/GRE waiver if they meet specific criteria, and must indicate the basis for their waiver request on the online application. We also offer a GMAT Preparation Course.
- A $65 application fee. The fee will be waived if the applicant attended an in-person admission event or a personal appointment with an Academic Program Manager.
For international student application requirements, please review the Penn State Great Valley International Applicant Guidelines.