To be considered for admission, applicants for the Master of Professional Studies in Data Analytics (MPS-DAAN) or the Master of Science in Data Analytics (MS-DAAN) will need the following:
- A copy of your official transcript from all institutions attended. Penn State alumni do not need to provide transcripts. Applicants should hold either a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or a tertiary (post-secondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. This degree must be from an officially recognized degree-granting institution in the country in which it operates.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) is recommended.
- A copy of the applicant's current resume.
- A one-page written statement of intent to highlight one’s academic background, work experience, skills, strengths, academic interests, and professional goals.
- Contact information for two references.
- Official GRE/GMAT results: the GRE/GMAT requirement will be waived for those submitting an application to the Master of Professional Studies in Data Analytics (MPS-DAAN). Submitting official test scores is recommended to be considered for the Chancellor’s or Half-Time Admission Scholarship. The Master of Science in Data Analytics (MS-DANN) requires applicants to submit official GMAT/GRE results.
- A $65 application fee. A fee waiver may be considered if the applicant attends an in-person admission event or a personal appointment with an Academic Program Manager.
Those who have completed an application for full-time study will be notified of their admission decision and scholarship award during the following periods:
- 3rd week in January
- 1st week in March
- 3rd week in April