2024 Penn State Great Valley StepBet Challenge
Monday, March 11 to Friday, April 12
Penn State Great Valley - let's get on our feet! Are you ready to challenge yourself and win a cash prize? Join the Penn State Great Valley Sustainability Committee in the 2024 Penn State Great Valley StepBet Challenge!
How it works:
- The cost to participate is $10, and the challenge is open to all faculty, staff, students, alumni, friends, and family of the Penn State Great Valley campus community. If you complete this challenge, you will get your money back and then some.
- You will need a fitness tracker (FitBit, Apple Watch, iPhone, Garmin, or Android).
- The game is five weeks long. Each week, you need to meet your active goal on four days and your power goal on two days. What you do on the other day is up to you!
- The first week of the game is a “warm-up week” where no players will be eliminated. Use it to get a feel for your goals and figure out your strategy for the rest of the game.
- Miss your goals and you will no longer be eligible to split the pot.
Game Code: PSGV
Have questions or need help getting started? Email [email protected].
Shining a Light on Photopollution: Outdoor Light Planning Issues
Thursday, March 14 | 12:00 PM
Join us in our Earth Hour efforts! Barry Johnson, volunteer webmaster for the Pennsylvania Outdoor Lighting Council, will discuss how outdoor lighting works, how vision works, and how the careless and excessive use of artificial light at night negatively affects us and the environment, as well as what to do about it.
Johnson works to educate municipal officials, business leaders, and the general public about outdoor lighting issues, including glare, light trespass, and waste outdoor lighting.
This presentation will take place via Zoom.