The spring 2021 Student Virtual Poster Competition has been postponed. Check back later for the rescheduled date.
Why submit a poster to the Student Poster Competition?
- First place: $500
- Second place: $350
- Third place: $150
The first place winner will have the opportunity to participate in this year's university-wide Graduate Research Poster Virtual Presentation and Design Expo.
In addition to the cash prizes, participants will:
- Learn to summarize information and present it visually on a poster.
- Enhance their presentation skills by concisely and accurately explaining their work.
- Demonstrate poise and mental agility before faculty and peers.
- Discuss their research and subject knowledge, while maximizing networking opportunities.
What should be the focus of the poster?
Research, experiential learning, and creative activity relevant to the study of computers, information sciences, engineering management, software design, systems engineering, business management, travel abroad/cultural immersion, and entrepreneurship and general engineering may serve as the subject of a poster. Relevant topics can also include:
- Capstone projects
- Service learning opportunities
- In-progress projects (these can be research-oriented or related to a new business/product/service)
- Other educational experiences
Who can enter?
Any graduate/undergraduate student enrolled in classes through Penn State Great Valley or World Campus during the 2020–21 academic year is eligible to participate.
While these can be individual or team projects supervised under the guidance of a research adviser or instructor, the student participant(s) must be the principal contributor(s) and Penn State Great Valley students. Co-authors do not have to be affiliated with Penn State Great Valley.
Is there a cost?
There is no cost to present.
How will the posters be evaluated?
Participants will be scored on aesthetics, content, and presentation skills according to an evaluation sheet.
Participants are required to provide a brief, seven-minute explanation of the poster including background, process, techniques, and results.
What are the guidelines?
Please use the provided template, which will be available once the competition date has been announced. Posters that do not follow these guidelines will be disqualified for entry.