Tuition & Payment FAQs

Tuition & Payment FAQs

Where can I pay my semester bill?
The semester bill can be paid by mail to Penn State Great Valley, 30 E. Swedesford Rd., Malvern, PA 19355; at the Bursar's Office on the first floor in the Main Building, or at any of the Commonwealth Campuses' Finance or Bursar Offices.

How can I pay my semester bill?
Electronic payment by eCheck is available on LionPATH. There is no charge to pay by eCheck. The Bursar's Offices at University Park and Great Valley accept payment for the semester bill by personal check (made payable to The Pennsylvania State University), money order, or cashier's check.  Discover, Mastercard, VIsa and American Express credit cards will also be accepted for payments made via LionPATH.  There is a 1.5% convenience fee for each payment made by credit card on the Web.

Why does Penn State University Park accept credit cards for the payment of tuition only over the internet?
The Bursar's Office at University Park cannot accept credit cards over the counter, over the phone, or by mail. Student account payments can only be made by credit card over LionPATH. Tuition payment via credit card is a convenience for Penn State students, allowing students to make payments at any time from any location. Only students can access their accounts on eLion. Bursar staff and others cannot access individual student accounts on eLion.

Why am I being charged an information technology fee?
The fee is a general University fee charged to all students, whether they are on or off campus. The funds from the fee are used for central computing facilities which support and benefit all students at all locations of the University. The University also uses funds to insure that adequate computing resources are available to our students by increasing the number of student microcomputer laboratories.

I am being billed as a nonresident of Pennsylvania. I would like to be considered a Pennsylvania resident for tuition purposes. What do I do?
A student requesting reclassification as a Pennsylvania resident for tuition purposes must demonstrate by clear and convincing evidence that her/his domicile is in Pennsylvania, and that her/his presence in Pennsylvania is not primarily for educational purposes. A student may challenge her/his residence classification by writing a letter, attaching supporting documentation, and sending it to the Residency Appeal Officer, 103 Shields Building, University Park, PA 16802. The Pennsylvania State University Policy for Determination of Eligibility for Reclassification as a Pennsylvania Resident for Tuition Purposes is published in the Graduate Degree Programs Bulletin.  For further information about residency classification see also Frequently Asked Questions about Residency.

Do you have any payment plans?
More information about payment plans.

Why am I being charged a facilities fee?
The student facilities fee was established in the Fall Semester 2008 to provide a funding source for capital projects designed to enhance student activities, fitness and recreation. Projects to be undertaken at each campus will be identified by the appropriate campus officials. Student input will be obtained in determining priorities and ideas for potential projects through campus advisory groups that represent all constituencies.

Didn't find what you were looking for? See more Bursar FAQs.