Please send an email with the subject line "Exhibition Proposal — [the title of the exhibition]” with a brief message and an attachment of a single PDF file including the following information to [email protected]:
- A cover letter with the contact information for the primary person who will represent the group and information about the organization.
- A description of what the exhibition is about and why it would be a good fit for the Henry Gallery.
- An checklist of artwork that will be on display: image, artist name, title, and type of media for each piece, as well as proposed gallery layout
- Examples/information on past exhibits this organization has curated.
- Participating artists biography (NOTE: if the exhibit is to be juried, describe the candidate pool and how many will be selected.)
- 6 to 10 digital images of the art works to be included. If works are to be juried, send samples from previous exhibits.
- A list of requested materials needed to display pieces, if applicable (pedestals, wall shelves, etc.)
An exhibition committee reviews proposals for quality of exhibition content and execution, consistency with the community cultural outreach program, and feasibility in terms of scheduling, budget, and logistics. If your proposal is selected, Penn State Great Valley will provide:
- Exhibit space for a period of 3–4 months
- Labels and signage
- Installation and de-installation (artwork must be ready to be hung)
- Opening reception