- Request enrollment verification each semester. On the same day you sign up for courses, submit an Enrollment Verification Request for all courses in the semester you would like your G.I. Bill® benefit to cover.
- Submit the Enrollment Verification Request Form at least three weeks prior to the first day of each semester.
- It is important to report all courses for the entire semester (both 7-week sessions) before the beginning of each semester to ensure compensation.
- Directions for submission are on the form.
- No veteran education benefit will be processed without this written request.
- The VA will send payment to your home address.
- Pay your semester bill by your bill due date. Use the VA funds to pay your bill or to pay yourself back if they arrive after the bill is paid.
- Verify your enrollment on WAVE. Chapter 30, 1606, or 1607 benefit recipients must go to the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) website to verify enrollment at the end of every month.
- Keep the Penn State Great Valley Office of Student Aid informed of changes in your enrollment status that occur after you have submitted your semester Enrollment Verification Request Form. Unreported changes can lead to debt on the student’s part.
G.I. Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U. S. government website at https://benefits.va.gov/gibill.