For all undergraduate students—and particularly for Penn State students—majoring in business, our Fast Track program offers an expediated path to earn an MBA at Penn State Great Valley.
Fast Track Program for Undergraduate Business Students
You can receive exemptions for MBA foundations courses upon earning a grade of B or better in any of the corresponding Penn State undergraduate courses listed below or their equivalent in similarly accredited institutions. All graduate courses are three credits.
|Penn State undergraduate course||MBA course|
|SCM 200 Introduction to Statistics in Business||BUSAD 801 Statistical Analysis for Managerial Decision Making|
|ECON 442 Managerial Economics (Prereq: ECON 102)
ECON 302 Intermediate Microeconomic Analysis (Prereq: ECON 102)
|BUSAD 523 Prices and Markets|
|ACCTG 404 Managerial Accounting: Economic Perspective (Prereq: ACCTG 211, SCM 200 or STAT 200, ECON 102)
ACCTG 340 Cost Accounting (Prereq: ACCTG 211)
|ACCTG 800 Financial and Managerial Accounting|
|FIN 305 Financial Management of the Business Enterprise (Prereq: FIN 301)||MBADM 820 Financial Management|
|MKTG 450W Marketing Strategy (Prereq: MKTG 330, MKTG 342)||BA 800 Marketing Management|
|SCM 445 Operations Planning and Control (Prereq: SCM 301)||BA 810 Operations Management|
Key Program Features
- Courses are offered either in an in-person/online hybrid format or fully online.
- Applications-oriented program explores real-world issues through case studies, projects with local companies, simulations, and guest lecturers who are leaders in business and industry.
- Premier faculty combine their research with business expertise to give students a valuable and innovative classroom experience.
- The program is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, a standing earned by less than five percent of the world’s business programs.
To be admitted to the Fast Track MBA program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Successful completion of an undergraduate business degree at any Penn State campus within the last five years OR at an AACSB-recognized school
- Completion of a one-semester internship or one year of full-time professional work that pertains to your field of study
- Note: You can apply to the program during the internship or while employed
- A letter of recommendation from a full-time faculty member
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or above
If you’re a Penn State student with questions about your eligibility for the program, or when you should plan to take the necessary courses, contact your campus’ business program coordinator or faculty adviser. If you’re completing your undergraduate degree at another school, click here to schedule an appointment with our program representative.
- One-page statement of intent or career objective outlining your professional goals and educational objectives
- Two letters of recommendation
- A non-refundable $65 application fee (waived if you attend a recruitment event or meet with the associate director of recruitment)