Membership in the Great Valley Giving Society is offered annually or for a lifetime appointment, depending on the level of giving:
- The Platinum Circle recognizes those whose accumulated giving totals $100,000 or more and is a lifetime membership.
- The Gold Circle recognizes those whose accumulated giving totals $50,000 to $99,999 and is a lifetime membership.
- The Silver Circle recognizes those whose accumulated giving totals $25,000 to $49,999 and is a lifetime membership.
- The Chancellor’s Circle recognizes those whose accumulated giving totals $1,000 or more during a fiscal year (July 1 to June 30) and is an annual membership.
To qualify for a membership in the Great Valley Giving Society:
- All gifts must be designated for the benefit of Penn State Great Valley. Gifts can be made to any entity at the Great Valley Campus, including but not limited; to the Great Valley Future Fund (unrestricted), Student Emergency Fund, a specific program or department, scholarship or award, and more.
- Gifts can be made in a variety of ways including cash, securities, real property, and gifts-in-kind.
- You can establish an irrevocable commitment through planned giving to become a member of the Great Valley Giving Society. Examples of planned gifts include: charitable remainder trusts, charitable gift annuities, pooled income funds, remainder interests in home or farm, and more.
- Gifts of life insurance can be made of the cash surrender value of the policy, premium payments made, or a combination thereof.
- Testamentary pledge commitments through a contract to make a will or an estate note provided that certain age requirements are fulfilled. These requirements are dictated by University and Campaign accounting guidelines.
- Combined personal/spousal and matching corporate giving totals.
To inquire about becoming a member of The Great Valley Giving Society or to check the status of your membership, please call 610-648-3220.