Attention graduates: Spring commencement ceremonies will be postponed while the University explores options for celebrating the achievements of our students. These decisions align with recommendations from the federal government that call for restricting of all gatherings of more than 10 people.
Diplomas for spring grads will be mailed from the University Registrar’s Office beginning in late May. For further diploma details, please visit Diploma Information.
In order to help us prepare for graduation and the Commencement Ceremony, please complete the following steps:
Commencement RSVP Form
- Starting in February, we ask that all 2019–20 graduating students complete the Commencement RSVP Form, whether you plan to attend the ceremony or not.
- Place your academic regalia order (indicate height for regalia) on the RSVP Form. It will be forwarded to the Penn State Great Valley Bookstore for processing.
- Additional instructions and information will be sent closer to the time of Commencement.
- It is critical for the University to have your correct address. If you are a current student, check and update your address in LionPATH. Additional information about Commencement will be sent to you via your Penn State Webmail account after you RSVP, so check it frequently.
If you are not a currently enrolled student, please contact the Penn State Great Valley Registration Office at 610-648-3275 to update your address.
Commencement Ceremony Tickets
- There are no tickets for the Penn State Great Valley Commencement Ceremony. The Ceremony will be held under a tent and all seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Caps, Gowns, and Hoods
- All graduating students who participate in the ceremony must wear the academic regalia appropriate for their degree status.
- You should order your regalia on the Commencement RSVP Form (indicate your height).
- Payment of $90.00 plus tax is due at the time of pick up. You may arrange to prepay and have your order shipped to you by contacting the bookstore at 610-648-3280.
- For more information, contact the bookstore at 610-648-3280. Bookstore hours are Monday through Thursday, 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and on Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
If you have questions, please email the Commencement Office at email@example.com.