Today’s engineers need to be dynamic problem solvers who are ready to tackle complex problems and evolving technology.
Right here in Philadelphia, Penn State is preparing the next generation of engineers through a cutting-edge Bachelor of Engineering degree with a multidisciplinary engineering design (MDE) option.
By partnering with the University, area businesses and startups can utilize young talent for fresh ideas.
- A 300-hour requirement for all students, usually taken in the summer
- Intended to provide students with professional work experience and exposure to the engineering design process
- Provides direct access to top-notch Penn State students who are eager to build on classroom concepts
- Allows companies to give back to the University and influence the education and careers of students
Capstone project sponsorships
- Completed by a team of 3–5 students over two, 15-week semesters
- Deliverables may include technical reports, business plans, prototypes and preliminary hardware, computer programs, and/or manufacturing or service delivery process plans
- A low-risk, low-cost investment with a high-potential ROI for sponsoring companies
- Allows companies to work on “back burner” projects or help start-ups prototype and develop