Campus Closings, Cancellations, and Late Start Policy
In the event of an unanticipated disruption due to inclement weather or another emergency, individuals can stay informed of delays and cancellations with our PSUAlert system and the website homepage. Employees, please refer to HRG10.
Sign up for PSUAlert
PSUAlert is Penn State's emergency notification system for students, faculty and staff. The system will be used to alert members of Penn State's campus communities of emergencies, campus closings, and other urgent information. Using this portal, students, faculty and staff can choose to receive PSUAlert messages by text message, voice message and email. Go to https://psualert.psu.edu/psualert/ to sign up.
Checking the campus website, Facebook, and Twitter
Please note: Posting on the website, Facebook and Twitter will be dependent on Internet connection and power.
10:00 a.m. Opening Policy (Two Hour Delay)
Classes and activities will start at 10:00 a.m.
- Classes/activities ending before 10:00 a.m. are cancelled for the day.
- Classes/activities that start before 10:00 a.m. but end after 10:00 a.m. will start at 10:00 a.m. and end at the regular time.
Noon Opening Policy (Four Hour Delay)
Classes and activities will start at noon.
- Classes/activities ending before noon are cancelled for the day.
- Classes/activities that start before noon but end after noon will start at noon and end at the regular time.
We aim to make school opening decisions by 6:00 a.m.
Early dismissal decisions depend on the time and severity of the weather. Stay tuned for PSUAlert to get immediate updates.
Students, faculty and staff who are concerned about driving in hazardous weather conditions, can wait out the storm in the Main Building.
Check here during inclement weather for class cancellations.
You may also access weather information from the following:
- Emergency Closing Information Telephone Line: 610-648-3399
- The voice recording at this number will be updated, providing the authoritative word on Penn State Great Valley’s operating status.
- Students are urged to register for PSUAlert. Penn State's emergency notification system for students, faculty, and staff. The system will be used to alert members of Penn State's campus communities of emergencies and other urgent information. Using this portal, students, faculty, and staff can choose to receive PSUAlert messages by text message, voice message, and e-mail. The system will never be used to send advertising or spam messages.
To subscribe, please visit PSUAlert and select "Great Valley" alerts.
Additional Emergency Closing Procedures/Information
- Classes that are held at locations away from the Great Valley Campus will meet unless those locations close or unless faculty teaching those courses make other arrangements. Watch for emails from your instructor or your academic department via Canvas or Webmail.
- If electrical service is intact, our School website will be updated.
- Clients holding meetings and conferences at Penn State Great Valley during daytime hours will receive information about any changes in campus operations from their conference coordinator.