MALVERN, Pa. — The Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development's (DCED) "Bringing the World to PA" tour is scheduled to take place Sept. 10–21.
This year the World Trade Center of Greater Philadelphia (WTCGP) will partner with Penn State Great Valley to bring one of those tour dates to campus on Sept. 12.
“This is one of our biggest signature events and one that has helped fuel international business for our Southeastern PA exporters,” said Dino Ramos, chief operating officer of WTCGP. “We are expecting approximately 50 companies to have over 200 meetings. We thank Penn State Great Valley for opening their doors to us and look forward to our continued partnership.”
This statewide tour is coordinated in partnership with the Regional Export Network (REN) partners. Throughout the year, the REN partners provide Pennsylvania manufacturing and service firms with export assistance services, including market research, market entry strategies, educational seminars and technical training, and access to grant programs and financing.
As the REN partner for Southeastern PA, the WTCGP will be hold two days of meetings for companies: September 11 at the Loews Hotel in Philadelphia and September 12 at Penn State Great Valley. Last year, WTCGP facilitated 229 total separate meetings.
Bringing the World to PA presents a unique opportunity for Pennsylvania companies to meet one-on-one with Pennsylvania’s international Authorized Trade Representatives (ATRs) at a series of events held in 10 different locations across the state.
What do the ATRs do?
The international Authorized Trade Representatives (ATRs) are contracted by the PA Department of Community and Economic Development’s (DCED) Office of International Business Development to provide services to REN client and member companies throughout the year. The ATRs live and work overseas and provide free consulting services for PA exporters, which includes:
- Market entry strategy
- Market intelligence
- Competitive intelligence
- Identification of overseas partners, agents or distributors
- Identification of industry/government contacts
- Foreign company background checks
- Regulatory information on products, tariffs, or duty rates
- In-country transportation
- Arrangement of appointments with potential customers or distributors
- Trade show support
Fifteen (15) ATRs will meet with client and member companies and they represent the following countries:
- Australia and New Zealand
- Czech Republic (Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Ukraine)
- Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland
- Israel, Egypt, Greece, Jordan, Turkey
- Netherlands and Belgium
- Saudi Arabia
- Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar
- United Kingdom, Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden
More information can be found at wtcphila.org.