Robin G. Qiu earned his Ph.D. in industrial engineering and Ph.D. minor in Computer Science from Penn State and his M.S. and B.S. from Beijing Institute of Technology. He teaches courses on data analytics, information science, software engineering, computer security, and management science. Dr. Qiu’s research includes data, computational and service sciences, smart service systems, big data, data/business analytics, service operations and management, information systems and integration, cyber security, blockchain, and control and management of manufacturing systems. He serves as the editor-in-chief of Digital Transformation and Society and SpringerBriefs in Service Science. He was an associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics; is an associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics; and has more than 180 publications.
- 2021-2022, Deep Learning and Causal Inference for Breast Cancer Survival Analysis, NSF CHOT Center & Suzan G. Komen Foundation, USA
- 2016 and 2017 IBM Faculty Award, USA.
- 2015 Mobility Program Award, COOPERA, the Rhône-Alpes Region, France.
Editorial board memberships
- Advisory Board, Service Science, INFORMS Journal
- Advisory Board, Service Science Section, INFORMS Service Science Section
- Editor-in-chief, Digital Transformation and Society, Emerald Publishing
- Editor-in-chief, SpringerBriefs in Service Science, Springer
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics
- Data, Computational and Service Sciences
- Big Data and Internet of Things
- Business Analytics, Healthcare Analytics, Smart City and Service Systems
- Cyber Security, Blockchain, and Analytics
- Information Systems and Integration
Gupta, Anchal, Youakim Badr, Ashkan Negahban, and Robin G. Qiu. "Energy-efficient heating control for smart buildings with deep reinforcement learning." Journal of Building Engineering 34 (2021): 101739.
Jiao, Zihao, Lun Ran, Xin Liu, Yuli Zhang, and Robin G. Qiu. "Integrating price-incentive and trip-selection policies to rebalance shared electric vehicles." Service Science 12, no. 4 (2020): 148-173.
Qiu, Robin. "Data-driven Public Health and Social Intervention Modeling to Promote Effective Policy Responses to Curtailing the COVID-19 Pandemic." IEEE TechRxiv (2020).
Wang, Tingyan, Yuanxin Tian, and Robin Qiu. "Long Short-Term Memory Recurrent Neural Networks for Multiple Diseases Risk Prediction by Leveraging Longitudinal Medical Records." IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics (2020).
Wang, Tingyan, Robin G. Qiu, Ming Yu, and Runtong Zhang. "Directed disease networks to facilitate multiple-disease risk assessment modeling." Decision Support Systems 129 (2020): 113171.
Chen, Donghua, Runtong Zhang, and Robin Guanghua Qiu. "Noninvasive MapReduce performance tuning using multiple tuning methods on Hadoop." IEEE Systems Journal 15, no. 2 (2020): 2906-2917.
Pallikere, Avinash, Robin Qiu, Parhum Delgoshaei, and Ashkan Neghban. “Incorporating Occupancy Data in Scheduling Building Equipment: A Simulation Optimization Framework.” Energy and Buildings (2020).
Chen, Donghua, Runtong Zhang, and Robin Qiu. “Leveraging Semantics in WordNet to Facilitate the Computer-Assisted Coding of ICD-11.” IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics (2020).
Wang, Tingyan., Robin Qiu, and Ming Yu. “Predictive Modeling of the Progression of Alzheimer’s Disease with Recurrent Neural Networks.” Scientific Reports (Nature Publisher Group) (2018).
Qiu, Robin G. Service science: The foundations of service engineering and management. John Wiley & Sons, 2014.
B.S., Beijing Institute of Technology
M.S. from Beijing Institute of Technology
Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, Ph.D. minor in Computer Science, Penn State University