The Master of Finance (MFIN) degree at Penn State Great Valley provides a well-rounded understanding of finance by covering practical business applications students can use to manage current financial challenges, as well as advanced financial theory that can provide the tools individuals need to address future trends. This well-respected graduate degree program is is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, something earned by less than five percent of the world's business programs. The Master of Finance program can help prepare students for various professional certifications, such as the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®) certification.
Students in the program learn about:
- financial modeling, including capital budgeting, basic statistics, and forecasting
- financial accounting and its principles, and use of accounting information for decision making
- advanced topics involving strategic financial decisions, including capital structure and cost of capital, valuation, and corporate control
- multinational financial management for companies subject to foreign exchange risk exposure and different tax regulations in foreign countries
- financial derivative securities covering options, forwards, futures, and OTC derivatives
As a pre-program requirement, Master of Finance program applicants must have satisfactory knowledge of business statistics, financial management/corporate finance, and microeconomics. If you are unable to demonstrate the requisite level of skill required in these areas, you will be required to complete preparatory courses prior to the start of the first course in the program.
For the ease of prospective students, the program faculty have developed courses in these prerequisite areas in order to address key competencies and help students gain these skills for the Master of Finance program. These self-paced, non-credit courses are available entirely online:
- Quantitative Methods
- Financial Management
For information about these pre-program courses email firstname.lastname@example.org.