Date: Wednesday, May 10
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Fee: $225 or 1 PDO (lunch provided)
This hands-on workshop provides a brief introduction to technical writing. Written classwork will be critiqued by the instructor.
The workshop will cover:
- Different kinds of technical writing that may be encountered
- A process-oriented framework for organizing and managing projects
- Basic concepts and techniques for writing clearly and concisely
- Common writing pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Correct usage of graphics, equations and references
Instructor: Phil Laplante, Ph.D, PE, Penn State University Professor, Software and Systems Engineering
(Please note: Workshops will be canceled one week prior to the start of the class if a minimum of 10 students is not achieved.)