Attending a Conference
Click here to read our guidelines for attending a conference.
The health and safety of our clients is our top priority. If you're planning on holding an in-person conference at Penn State Great Valley, we will send a questionnaire to ensure all guidelines will be followed.
For the point of contact:
- Will you make sure all participants wear masks during their time inside the facility, and remove anyone violating this mandate?
- Will you gather and review a pre-screening questionnaire for all participants?
- Will you mandate remote learning for anyone with positive, COVID-related answers?
- Will you coordinate a staggered entry for registration to allow social distancing?
- Will you coordinate staggered restroom, snack and lunch breaks to allow social distancing?
- Are you (or is anyone in your household) waiting on test results for COVID-19 at this time?
- Will you take your temperature no more than 90 minutes prior to the event time?
- Have you (or has anyone in your household) experienced any new symptoms of COVID-19, such as loss of taste and smell, dry cough, difficulty breathing, increased fatigue, nausea, etc.?
- Have you (or has anyone in your household) travelled outside of the United States within the past three weeks?
- Have you (or has anyone in your household) travelled to any "hot spots" within the past three weeks; (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, southeast Texas, etc.)?
- Have you (or has anyone in your household) been around anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past three weeks?
We understand these are uncertain times. The Conference Services team at Penn State Great Valley is making the necessary changes to accommodate your meeting needs and ensure flexibility and financial stability:
- Any date conflicts due to COVID-19 can be rescheduled at any time. No cancellation fees or penalties will apply.
- We are doing our best to keep contract signing easy and efficient while you’re away from office scanners. If you can't sign now, let us know — we'll work with you.
- Making a deposit might not be easy at this time. We will work with you to assess your circumstance and decide how we can guarantee your next meeting.
Click here to watch the recording of our virtual discussion, "Conference Co-Op: An Open Discussion on Post-Quarantine Meetings."