The master of software engineering degree requires 36 credits (you may need to take additional preparatory classes depending on your engineering background). After admission to the program, you will have eight years to complete your course work with a grade point average of 3.0 (B) or higher. Note that our electives may change over time as new courses are developed. If you have questions or requests for course substitutions and approvals, e-mail [email protected].
Students admitted fall 2009 or after must successfully complete the SARI (Scholarship and Research Integrity) requirement of the Penn State degree in order to graduate.
Penn State's schedule of courses lists course availability. Although the course numbers, times, and availability on the University registrar's schedule of courses are correct, their prerequisites differ. Access the course description page to learn about Penn State Great Valley course offerings and prerequisites.
Summer 2021 Course Offerings
Continuing students interested in enrolling in summer courses should discuss online course availability with their advisers.
Fall 2021 Course Offerings
Fall I Term
- DAAN 871 - Data Visualization
- STAT 500 - Applied Statistics
- STS 589 - Ethics and Values in Science and Tech
- SWENG 581 - Software Testing
Fall II Term
- DAAN 881 - Data-Driven Decision Making
- INSC 521 - Database Design Concepts
- SWENG 545 - Data Mining
- SWENG 861 - Software Construction
- SYSEN 505 - Technical Project Management
Fall I & II Terms
- SWENG 894 - Capstone Experience