The Master of Leadership Development is an interdisciplinary, 36-credit program that blends social and behavioral sciences with ethical studies. Credit may be given for similar courses taken at other institutions.
The curriculum (for students entering the program Fall 2019 and later) includes:
- 9 credits in Leadership Cornerstones
- 12 credits in Leadership Competencies
- 12 credits in Leadership Context Electives
- 3 credits in the Leadership Capstone course
Courses are offered in seven-week (50% online) or 14-week (100% online) sessions. There are six seven-week sessions and three semesters (Fall, Spring, and Summer) each academic year.
Students admitted fall 2009 or after must successfully complete the SARI (Scholarship and Research Integrity) requirement of the Penn State degree in order to graduate. Students admitted fall 2019 or after must also complete the MLD Pre-Program Exercise.
Penn State's Schedule of Courses lists course availability. Although the course numbers, times, and availability on the University registrar’s schedule of courses are correct, your educational record may require the listed prerequisites (or not).
Download our Plan of Study (Fall 2019 and beyond) to determine how the courses offered below fit into your program. Check the course descriptions page to learn about Penn State Great Valley course offerings and prerequisites. Certain courses offered by other programs may also be approved if applicable to the student’s program.
Controlled courses (marked**) may require Management Division approval before enrolling. Please contact your adviser or [email protected] if you have questions about taking a controlled course, a full course, or a course from another program.
Spring 2022 Course Offerings
Spring I Term
- LEAD 557 - Leadership Models and Methods (GV)
- LEAD 556 - Diversity Leadership (GV)
- LEAD 863 - Ethical Dimensions of Leadership (GV)
- MBADM 815 - Ethical and Responsible Business Leadership (GV)
- MGMT 873 - Corporate Innovation Strategies (GV)
- MGMT 841 - Human Resource Management (GV)
Spring II Term
- BUSAD 542 - Global Intercultural Management (GV)
- BUSAD 822 - New Venture Start-up (GV)
- LEAD 882 - Social Entrepreneurship and Community Leadership (GV)
Spring Full Term
- LEAD 862 - Strategic Leadership (WC**)
- MGMT 507 - Positive Organizational Behavior and Wellbeing (WC**)
*Consult with Management Division
**Consult with Management Division about World Campus courses
GV = Classes held at our Great Valley campus
WC = Classes held online through World Campus