The Penn State Great Valley Master of Science in Information Science program consists of 33 credits. Applicants to this program come from a wide variety of backgrounds and undergraduate degrees. Students who do not have the appropriate technical background may qualify to take foundation courses to make the transition into the program.
Students admitted fall 2009 or after must successfully complete the SARI (Scholarship and Research Integrity) requirement of the Penn State degree in order to graduate.
Penn State's schedule of courses lists course availability. Although the course numbers, times, and availability on the University registrar's schedule of courses are correct, their prerequisites differ. Please access our course description page to learn about Penn State Great Valley course offerings and prerequisites.
Students interested in enrolling in summer courses may choose from the fully online courses listed below. Note that these courses are 14-week online courses delivered asynchronously via Penn State World Campus. The classes below will start on Monday, May 9 and end on Sunday, August 14 unless otherwise noted. Please contact [email protected] for registration assistance.
- DAAN 825, Section 001 - Large-Scale Database and Warehouse (Prerequisite: INSC 521)
- DAAN 862, Section 001 - Analytics Programming in Python (Prerequisite: STAT 500)
- DAAN 871, Section 001 - Data Visualization
- DAAN 881, Section 001 - Data-Driven Decision Making (Prerequisite: STAT 500)
- DAAN 897, Section 001 - Enterprise Analytics Strategies
- IE 575, Section 001 - Foundations of Predictive Analytics (Prerequisite: STAT 500)
- INSC 521, Section 001 - Database Design Concepts
- INSC 561, Section 001 Only - Web Security & Privacy
- STAT 500, Sections 001 to 004 - Applied Statistics (*Dates: 5/16/22 to 8/10/22)
- SWENG 545, Section 001 - Data Mining
- SWENG 568, Section 001 – Enterprise Integration
The PDF below is the Fall 2022 Engineering Division Great Valley Course Schedule. If you have any issues viewing this document or have any questions, please contact the division at [email protected].