For students enrolling in spring 2021 or later, the Master of Finance program requires 33 credits:
- 18 credits of core courses
- 12 credits of elective courses
- 3 credits of a capstone course (Research in Security Valuation)
Courses are offered in an accelerated seven-week format, with classes meeting weekday evenings. Students may pursue the degree on either a full-time or part-time basis. Students who wish to enroll full-time may be able to complete the degree within one year. Part-time students can enroll as their schedules permit.
Students admitted fall 2009 or after must successfully complete the SARI (Scholarship and Research Integrity) requirement of the Penn State degree in order to graduate.
Penn State's Schedule of Courses lists course availability. Although the course numbers, times, and availability on the University registrar’s schedule of courses are correct, your educational record may require the listed prerequisites (or not).
Download our MFIN Plan of Study (Spring 2021 and beyond) or our MFIN FDA Plan of Study to determine how the courses offered below fit into your program. Check the course descriptions page to learn about Penn State Great Valley course offerings and prerequisites. Certain courses offered by other programs may also be approved if applicable to the student’s program.
Controlled courses (marked**) may require Management Division approval before enrolling. Please contact your adviser or [email protected] if you have questions about taking a controlled course, a full course, or a course from another program.
Spring 2022 Course Offerings
Spring I Term
- ACCTG 512 - Financial Accounting Theory and Reporting Problems (WC**)
- BA 831 - Foundations in Finance (WC**)
- BADM 834 - Portfolio Management (WC**)
- BUSAD 829 - Data Analysis in Finance (GV)
- FIN 813 - Speculative Markets (GV, WC**)
Spring II Term
- ACCT 545 - Strategic Cost Management (GV)
- BUSAD 525 - Quantitative Methods in Finance (WC**)
- BUSAD 826 - Current Issues in Corporate Finance (GV, WC**)
- BUSAD 827 - Fixed Income Securities (WC**)
- BUSAD 828 - Mergers and Acquisitions (WC**)
- BUSAD 888 - Applications of Financial Analytics (GV) (FDA Option students only)
- FIN 808 - Analysis of Financial Markets (WC**)
Spring Full Term
- DAAN 871 - Data Visualization (WC**) (FDA Option students only)
- IE 575 - Foundations of Predictive Analytics (WC**) (FDA Option students only)
- SWENG 545 - Data Mining (WC**) (FDA Option students only)
*Consult with Management Division
**Consult with Management Division about World Campus courses
GV = Classes held at our Great Valley campus
WC = Classes held online through World Campus