The Master of Professional Studies in Data Analytics program requires 30 credits. After admission to the program, students have eight years to complete the course work with a grade point average of 3.0 (B) or higher. Note that Great Valley's electives may change over time as new courses are developed. If you have questions or requests for course substitutions and approvals, e-mail [email protected].
Students admitted fall 2009 or after must successfully complete the SARI (Scholarship and Research Integrity) requirement of the Penn State degree in order to graduate.
Penn State's schedule of courses lists course availability. Although the course numbers, times, and availability on the University registrar's schedule of courses are correct, their prerequisites differ. Access our course description page to learn about Penn State Great Valley course offerings and prerequisites.
Spring 2021 Course Offerings
Spring I Term:
- DAAN 825 - Large-Scale Database and Warehouse (Prerequisite: INSC 521)
- STAT 500 - Applied Statistics
- SWENG 545 - Data Mining
- SYSEN 505 - Technical Project Management
Spring II Term:
- DAAN 570 – Deep Learning (Prerequisite: STAT 500)
(formerly DAAN 897)
- DAAN 871 – Data Visualization
- IE 575 - Foundations of Predictive Analytics (Prerequisite: STAT 500)
- SYSEN 536 - Decision and Risk Analysis in Engineering
Summer 2021 Course Offerings
Students interested in enrolling in summer courses may choose from the online courses listed below. Note that these courses are 14-week online courses delivered asynchronously via Penn State World Campus. The classes below will start on Monday, May 10, and end on Sunday, August 15, unless otherwise noted.
- DAAN 825, Section 001 - Large-Scale Database and Warehouse (Prerequisite: INSC 521)
- DAAN 862, Section 001 - Analytics Programming in Python (Prerequisite: STAT 500)
- DAAN 871, Section 001 - Data Visualization
- DAAN 881, Section 001 - Data-Driven Decision Making (Prerequisite: STAT 500)
- DAAN 897, Section 001 - Enterprise Analytics Strategies
- IE 575, Section 001 - Foundations of Predictive Analytics (Prerequisite: STAT 500)
- INSC 521, Section 001 - Database Design Concepts
- STAT 500, WC Section 001, 002 or 003 - Applied Statistics (*Dates: 5/17 to 8/11)
- SWENG 545, Section 001 - Data Mining