The Penn State Great Valley MBA program consists of 45 credits. Based on previous undergraduate or graduate coursework, students may receive an exemption for up to 15 credits of foundation course work, as well as the pre-program requirement.
Three open electives enable students to customize their program to meet their particular career interests, or earn a graduate certificate.
Courses are offered in seven-week sessions. Classes meet two evenings per week in a face-to-face format or in a blended format with an online component. There are six seven-week sessions each academic year.
Students may begin at the start of any session and can expect to complete their degree in 2-3 years going part-time, or 12-18 months if going full-time.
Students admitted fall 2009 or after must successfully complete the SARI (Scholarship and Research Integrity) requirement of the Penn State degree in order to graduate.
Fall 2021 Course Offerings
Fall I Term
- BA 800 - Marketing Management (GV)
(formerly MKTG 500)
- BA 810 - Supply Chain and Operations Management (AB/BK)
(formerly OPMGT 510)
- BUSAD 523 - Prices and Markets (NY)
- BUSAD 801 - Statistical Analysis for Managerial Decision Making
(formerly BUSAD 501)
- MGMT 501 – Behavioral Science in Business (GV, AB/BK)
- STAT 500 – Applied Statistics (GV)
- MGMT 823 – Organizational Change (AB/BK, 100% online)
- FIN 805 – Multinational Managerial Finance (GV)
(formerly FIN 505)
- BUSAD 837 - Managing Digital Enterprises (GV)
(formerly BUSAD 537)
- MBADM 815 – Ethical and Responsible Business Leadership (GV)
- BUSAD/LEAD 519 – Developing Creative High Performance Organizations (GV)
- BUSAD 824 – Finance and Investment for Sustainable Growth (GV)
Fall II Term
- ACCTG 800 – Financial and Managerial Accounting (GV, AB/BK)
(formerly ACCTG 511)
- BUSAD 523 - Prices and Markets (GV)
- MBADM 820 - Financial Management (GV, AB/BK)
(formerly FIN 531)
Organizational and Industrial Contexts
- BUSAD 802 – Cornerstones of Sustainability (GV, AB/BK)
- BUSAD 811 – New Ventures Ideation and Feasibility Analysis (GV, 100% online)
- FIN 808 – Analysis of Financial Markets
- BUSAD/LEAD 555 – Full Range Leadership Development (GV, 100% online)
- IB 800 - International Business Management (NY)
(formerly IB 500)
- BADM 834 – Portfolio Management (GV)
(formerly FIN 506)
- MGMT 507 – Positive Organizational Behavior and Wellbeing (GV)
- MGMT 871 - Strategic Management (GV)
(formerly MGMT 571)
Fall Full Semester
Organizational and Industrial Contexts
- MGMT 841 – Human Resource Management (WC online)
- BUSAD 555 (offered as LEAD 555) – Full Range Leadership (WC online)
- MGMT 823 – Organizational Change (WC online)
GV = Great Valley Campus
AB = Abington Campus
BK = Berks Campus
NY = Navy Yard Location
WC = World Campus (online)
*Open electives may be selected from the full array of courses offered by the Management Division with the exception of the pre-program and foundation courses from which the student has been granted exemption. (Certain courses offered by other programs may also be approved if applicable to the students program.) Controlled courses may require Division approval before enrolling; contact your adviser or [email protected] if you have questions about specific courses.
** GV/AB/BK = Delivered in part with the Video Learning Network
***Consult with the Management Division about World Campus courses
****Students may be exempted from BUSAD 801 (formerly BUSAD 501) if they demonstrate successful completion of a Statistical Analysis course at the undergraduate or graduate level. For more information contact the Program Manager at [email protected] or call 610-648-3248.
Note: The University reserves the right to cancel/change courses owing to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. Please note GV/BK (Great Valley Campus/Berks Campus) courses are delivered in part via Video Learning Network. Please note: Courses meeting one day a week should expect to have course commitments through course end date.