The Data Analytics Graduate Certificate program is designed to prepare students to apply data analytics techniques to large data sets to support data-driven decisions across application domains.
Applicants must hold either (1) a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or (2) a tertiary (post-secondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. This degree must be from an officially recognized degree-granting institution in the country in which it operates. Applicants with undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline such as science, engineering, or business may apply. Students from other disciplines will be considered based on prior coursework. Applicants are generally expected to have a minimum combined junior/senior GPA of 3.0 (B) on a 4.0 scale.
Current Penn State Great Valley graduate students in all programs are also welcome to apply and enroll in this certificate.
To be awarded the graduate certificate, students must successfully complete 15 credits of course work consisting of 12 required and 3 elective credits. All courses must be completed with a minimum grade of C or better and an overall GPA of 3.0.
Data Analytics Certificate Courses
Summer 2021 Course Offerings
Students interested in enrolling in summer courses may choose from the online courses listed below. Note that these courses are 14-week online courses delivered asynchronously via Penn State World Campus. The classes below will start on Monday, May 10, and end on Sunday, August 15, unless otherwise noted.
- DAAN 862, Section 001 - Analytics Programming in Python (Prerequisite: STAT 500)
- DAAN 871, Section 001 - Data Visualization
- DAAN 881, Section 001 - Data-Driven Decision Making (Prerequisite: STAT 500)
- IE 575, Section 001 - Foundations of Predictive Analytics (Prerequisite: STAT 500)
- INSC 521, Section 001 - Database Design Concepts
- STAT 500, WC Section 001, 002 or 003 - Applied Statistics (*Dates: 5/17 to 8/11)
- SWENG 545, Section 001 - Data Mining
Fall 2021 Course Offerings
Fall I Term
- DAAN 871 - Data Visualization
- STAT 500 - Applied Statistics
Fall II Term
- DAAN 881 - Data-Driven Decision Making
- INSC 521 - Database Design Concepts
- SWENG 545 - Data Mining
Penn State's schedule of courses lists course availability. Although the course numbers, times, and availability on the University registrar's schedule of courses is correct, their prerequisites differ.
If you are a current certificate student and have completed all the coursework, please submit the Graduate Certificate Completion Form.