The Data Analytics graduate certificate prepares you to apply data analytics techniques to large data sets to support data-driven decisions across a wide variety of domains.
Courses are offered in convenient, seven-week sessions, which are available in several delivery modes: in-person, hybrid, or online. They may be taken as a stand-alone certificate, as an initial step toward, or concurrently with our Master of Business Administration, Master of Professional Studies in Data Analytics, Master of Science in Data Analytics, Master of Science in Information Science, or Master of Software Engineering.
Upon completion of the program, you’ll be able to:
- Effectively communicate technical knowledge, including ideas, data analysis, findings, and reasonings.
- Analyze large data sets to support data-driven decision making.
Applicants must hold either (1) a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or (2) a tertiary (post-secondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. International applicants may be required to satisfy an English proficiency requirement. The successful applicant is generally expected to have a minimum combined junior/senior grade-point average of 3.0 (B) on a 4.0 scale.
To be awarded the graduate certificate, students must successfully complete 15 credits of course work consisting of 12 required and three elective credits. All courses must be completed with a minimum grade of C or better and an overall GPA of 3.0.
Penn State’s schedule of courses lists availability.
Students interested in enrolling in summer courses may choose from the fully online Data Analytics courses listed below. Note that these courses are 14-week online courses delivered asynchronously via Penn State World Campus. The classes below will start on Monday, May 9, and end on Sunday, August 14, unless otherwise noted. Please contact [email protected] for registration assistance.
- DAAN 570, Section 001 – Deep Learning (Prerequisite: STAT 500)
- DAAN 862, Section 001 - Analytics Programming in Python (Prerequisite: STAT 500)
- DAAN 871, Section 001 - Data Visualization
- DAAN 881, Section 001 - Data-Driven Decision Making (Prerequisite: STAT 500)
- IE 575, Section 001 - Foundations of Predictive Analytics (Prerequisite: STAT 500)
- INSC 521, Section 001 - Database Design Concepts
- STAT 500, Sections 001 to 004 - Applied Statistics (*Dates: 5/16/22 to 8/10/22)
- SWENG 545, Section 001 - Data Mining
The PDF below is the Fall 2022 Engineering Division Great Valley Course Schedule. If you have any issues viewing this document or have any questions, please contact the division at [email protected].
If you are a current certificate student and have completed all the coursework, please submit the Graduate Certificate Completion Form.