REV-UP: Where innovation and entrepreneurship intersect
In May 2016, Penn State Great Valley received a $50,000 seed grant to expand entrepreneurial endeavors through the Invent Penn State initiative. The grant established the REV-UP Center for Entrepreneurship, a program operating in partnership with the Chester County Economic Development Council aimed to engage and encourage Penn State students, faculty, and community members to generate innovative, commercially-viable solutions to address existing and emerging business and social needs, and to support their entrepreneurial efforts as they serve the Philadelphia region.
REV-UP Center for Entrepreneurship will provide the following services:
- Guidance on technical, financial, business, legal, and market needs
- Access to prototyping and fabrication facilities
- Topical workshops by subject matter experts (e.g., design thinking, business plans)
- New Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Warren V. Musser Fellowship in Entrepreneurial Studies
- Funded internship with a start-up company
- Lion Cage competition to fund start-ups
- Guided research and development support
- Engagement with local business community
- Entrepreneur-in-Residence program
For more information, please contact Doug Schumer, Faculty Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.