Penn State Resources
- Nittany Lion Career Network: Nittany Lion Career Network lets candidates explore and apply for specific work opportunities. This password-protected job board allows you to post resumés and is exclusive to Penn State students and alumni.
- Interview Stream: Welcome to Interview Stream! Use this tool with the webcam on your computer to practice your interview skills and answer the same questions you would get in a real job interview.
- LionLink: A professional networking program (offered through Alumni Career Services) that connects Penn State students and alumni to help establish relationships with alumni volunteers who offer career information, advice and even more connections. Remember networking is not about asking for a job, it is about establishing and building relationships with people who will provide you with access to information that is crucial to a successful job or career search.
- Career Fairs: Fall and Spring Career Days are held at the University Park Campus
- Career Information Center: This publication produced by the Office of Career Services at University Park addresses a range of career services from using your Penn State connections for networking to considering and accepting job offers. Selected career-related Web sites are referenced throughout this booklet.
Additional Online Resources
The following sites and resources are provided as a convenience to Penn State Great Valley students. Please note that they are not maintained by Career Services nor the University.
- Glassdoor: A free jobs and career community that offers an inside look at jobs and companies. Employees and job seekers can anonymously review their companies, interview experiences, CEOs, salaries, and more.
- TheLadders: A job-search site for professionals who make $40,000-$250,000, with free basic service that allows users to view job titles and access the site’s career tools and resources.
- Indeed: A Google-like search engine for jobs and one of the most efficient sites for surveying job listings, since it aggregates information from job boards, news sites and company listings.
- Going Global: The premier site for international job/internship search, H1B US visa-sponsoring employer database, and employment info for major US cities. Access this site by logging in with your PSU userID and password.
- Vault/Career Intelligence: Provides comprehensive information related to careers, industries, salaries, as well as employee surveys; Download 60+ free career, industry, and employer guides. Create an account using your @psu.edu email address.
- WetFeet Career Resource Library: Provides comprehensive information related to careers, industries, salaries, and videos of career topics and employers (offered free to Penn State students).
- Hoovers: Provides company and industry information, company news, information on initial public offerings, and career and personal finance information. The Penn State Library offers access to Hoovers.
- Buzzfile: A a comprehensive ‘Business Information Database’ and ‘List Builder’ empowering users to search through 18 million U.S. businesses and compile targeted prospect lists to assist in your job search.
- Select Greater Philadelphia: Provides information about the industries, employers, economic, and cultural profile of the region.
- Young Professionals Network: A program of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce offering opportunities to help you improve your career, develop your leadership skills, build your professional network, and give back to the Greater Philadelphia community.